Your First Visit
Your Initial consultation with us will take 40 minutes to an hour and during this time we will:
- Take a full case history.
- May ask you to remove some of your clothes in privacy and provide you with a gown to wear.
Our aim during your assessment will be to find out what is wrong and look for any serious conditions that would require us to refer your out appropriately.
On your second visit (what we call the Report of Findings) your chiropractor will tell you the following information:
- What the problem is.
- If chiropractic care is suitable for their problem and can we help
- The chiropractic care plan that Lara has drawn up for you.
- Explain the chiropractic approach and some of our core principles.
- Any risks associated with your condition.
To help you feel more comfortable during consultation you are welcome to bring another person to be with you (e.g: a friend, relative or partner).
The care plan and number of visits that you will need will depend on the following:
- The reason you are seeking chiropractic care ( people seek our help for 3 reasons: pain relief, rehabilitation and/or preventive/wellness care).
- The condition you have & how severe it is.
- How long you have had it for.
- How well your body responds to the treatment.
- How well you stick to your care and the chiropractors advice.
Your progress will be reviewed on a regular basis and the chiropractic course will be changed accordingly to best suit your body's needs. We put your health first and you will be referred to the appropriate practitioner if Lara feels that chiropractic care is no longer suitable for your condition.
At the end of each appointment you will be required to pay for your chiropractic care (we take card or cash). If covered by private medical insurance* you will have to contact us prior to your first visit. You maybe able to claim back some of your fees from healthcare plans such as Simply Health (formally HSA), make sure to check your policy before you come.
We also sell Ice packs and Biofreeze gel and Spray that can help with acute pain, please ask about these products at reception.
Please download a copy of our patient form from the link below and fill it out before your first visit.
* Most private medical insurers cover chiropratic, we request that you pay per session and reclaim monies through them seperately. Please note that we only accept 'BUPA international' customers and not the standard BUPA customers.